In order to find the job that you really want in life, you really have to be honest and unmerciful. When I graduated from college last May with my Bachelor's in Elementary Education, I knew the challenges that were ahead of me. There would be very few jobs, and hundreds of candidates. The summer passed, and I did not find a job, but I am just a few steps from being exactly where I want to be.
On a side note, I have never been a blogger, and never thought I would, but I thought it might be a fun idea to blog about my adventures finding my dream job in this economy and the city I love. It may not be interesting, or thrilling like I imagine in my head, that is ok, you are not forced to read this. Although, if there is a little something you find curious, it'll be here for awhile. :D
So far, I am working in the Boise School District as a Special Education Assistant. Not my dream job, but really great for the experience, and my foot is in the door. That is a big step. Next step, check the school's website everyday for teaching positions. This could be a long journey.
So, it begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment